Profile image for peachyface

After enjoying the lovely wild poppies growing on and around the ''new'' tesco roundabout, and reading how due to the cuts they can no longer afford to plant new flowers in Gloucester I could not believe my eyes to see yesterday they have all been chopped down! these are free....helllooo??

By peachyface at 15:04 on 25/05/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for Trixie44

Peachyface I completely agree!! They were brightening up Quedgeley and them being wild meant that they were growing random and beautifully instead of in strict regimented rows. It really is beggars belief that they have cut these down and will not be planting any flowers due to cuts. Surely people should use their brains a bit more when it comes to decisions such as these!!

By Trixie44 at 14:28 on 27/05/11

• Profile image for leemartinthom

i would like to say i will look into this and see if we can do something..as like you say it does brighten the roundabout up and is a welcoming site.

By leemartinthom at 17:41 on 27/05/11

• Profile image for peachyface

Thanks Trixie44 and Lee for your replies re- the poppies at the 'new' Tesco roundabout. Lee that would be great if something could be done to protect these lovely...free flowers the next time they come up!

By peachyface at 13:09 on 29/05/11

• Profile image for Trixie44

Lee I agree it would be great if you could do something about this! Nice to know that our opinions are being listened to and acted upon!!! Many Thanks!

By Trixie44 at 12:55 on 31/05/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent