Profile image for EmmaRoberts11

Can everyone please be careful and vigilant whilst using the Quedgeley Canal Path. After reading the terrible story last week about the woman that was attacked on the canal path, http://tinyurl.com/6z69jov I have been rather worried about walking down there on my own. I would suggest not taking valuables out with you whilst walking the dogs, not walking alone down there if you can help it and definitely not walking down there at night. This attack happened at the canal path just by my house and has worried me quite a lot.

By EmmaRoberts11 at 12:36 on 04/07/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for BrummieGaz

Hi Emma, have noted your comment, thanks. We often walk along the path and this has made my wife a little uneasy as it happened virtually outside our house. I hope this lady makes a speedy recovery.

By BrummieGaz at 09:00 on 10/07/11

• Profile image for EmmaRoberts11

Hi brummiegaz we must be virtually neighbours then as it happened right on my doorstep as well! Yes it's very worrying fortunately this is a 1 off story but it was a very violent and I can imagine terrifying attack. It has me and my mum very worried at the moment. I hope too the poor lady involved is ok.

By EmmaRoberts11 at 14:22 on 10/07/11

• Profile image for alan_r

Lets try to get this in perspective, I realise it is a very distressing incident and feel very sorry for the lady concerned but this is not a dangerous area. In the 13 plus years since Shelduck was built I think this is the only incident of this kind along the canal path. There are often multiple people about and whilst I would agree it may pay to be a cautious, I believe there is little chance of this occurring again.

By alan_r at 08:47 on 11/07/11

Hi Emma,

We must be quite close, I am in Ardea Close, only been there for 2 months but think its great, surprised we have not bumped into other, will keep a look out (:

By BrummieGaz at 22:30 on 13/07/11

• Profile image for EmmaRoberts11

Hi BrummieGaz yes we are Ardea Close as well. How are you enjoying the area? Where did you move from previously? Was it some where in Quedgeley or are you completely new to Quedgeley? Yes will give you a wave if I see you.

By EmmaRoberts11 at 12:35 on 14/07/11

Hi Emma, you can call me Gary or Gaz lol.
    Have lived in Quedgeley now for 5 years, love it and will only move if we win lottery (:
    Just look out for a silver Astra when you wave and i will toot the horn lol.

By BrummieGaz at 21:31 on 16/07/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent