Profile image for Trixie44

There was an accident last night on the bypass in Quedgeley. The road was shut from the Pets at Home lights down to the roundabout past Kingsway. It looked quite serious and I think that a helicopter was brought in. I hope no one was seriously injured.

By Trixie44 at 12:36 on 05/09/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for EmmaRoberts11

I was going to the Bumblebee on Sunday when the road was closed so we had to go the long way round. It looked like a car accident. There was an ambulance and a lot of police around. Hope everyone was OK.

By EmmaRoberts11 at 12:39 on 06/09/11

• Profile image for Shellywayne

I dropped my grandaughter off Sunday back to her mums and there was people on top of the Naas lane bridge looking, there was what we could see 3 ambulances and numerous police at the traffic lights that lead you to Kingsway... the helicopter was around also, lets hope all were safe and no one was injured, I must say there has not been anything in the Citizen that I can see.

By Shellywayne at 13:29 on 06/09/11

I checked The Citizen and thisisgloucestershire.co.uk aswell and didnt see anything about an accident. Hopefully that means it wasn't too bad an accident although 3 ambulances and the helicopter is a bit of a worry!

By EmmaRoberts11 at 12:34 on 07/09/11

• Profile image for annalou27

The accident near pets at home was caused apparently by a lady who was drunk, she has been arrested for carless driving. I don't know what caused the other accident near the lights at Kingsway but a police officer suffered back injuries when his car collided with another car, I hope he has a speedy recovery.

By annalou27 at 23:32 on 07/09/11

Thanks for the news annalou27. I hope that the Police Officer makes a full speedy recovery. Drink Driving is a real pet hate of mine. There is just no excuse or reason to ever get into your car and drive when you have had a drink. This woman could have killed someone. I hope that they throw the book at her and she learns a lesson. Although I read about drink driving in the papers all the time you never really think about it in your own community yet I expect it is very common and everytime you get in your car perfectly sober you could be put at risk by a drink driver. Very scary thought.

By EmmaRoberts11 at 12:39 on 08/09/11

• Profile image for alan_r

thanks for the info annalou, whilst I agree with Emma this is a very serious matter, I couldn't help but laugh at your inadvertent slip saying "she has been arrested for CARLESS driving" she must have been very drunk to be doing that.

By alan_r at 11:19 on 19/09/11

Hehe Alan your comment made me laugh!!

By EmmaRoberts11 at 12:34 on 20/09/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent