Profile image for James19852010

Kingsway's roads- Anybody have any ideas when they will be completed? I mean it's only been about 5 years now? Cars are getting a battering as a result of unfinished road surfaces. Can I start sending the repair bill to the council?

By James19852010 at 08:21 on 15/07/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for K Sharp Ltd

Well, and I say this with a great deal of trepidation because these things keep slipping because of the City Council and QUVL not keeping to their schedules, but the wood vale, valley gardens, the link to naas lane "should" be open by end of September. this is to meet the public transport and that we have been told about.

However, I have heard promises before, but also heard the excuses as well so whilst willing to pass on the information I am told, but will be keeping up the pressure until we actually see the results.

Barry

By K Sharp Ltd at 18:57 on 15/07/11

• Profile image for James19852010

Thanks for the update Barry. Also the road surfaces are appalling its coming to a point where it may cause an accident as I've seen cars are trying to avoid the uncovered drains and holes in the road by driving around them which can't be good for road safety! Is there plans to finish of the road surfaces or are they waiting for the Kingsway project to end before?

By James19852010 at 08:18 on 18/07/11

The roads are being topped out "in time" for the roads to be adopted. I am pushing hard for the road as is to be maintained (potholes filled) but it is very useful to have pointers/pictures of where holes are emailed to me so I can put a list to the developers and ask them to specifically address the ones identified. So if you have specific ones in mind, please email me. barry@barykirby.co.uk

In terms of adoption, we should see movement in road adoption in September becuase the new Bus Services are supposed to be coming in then.

By K Sharp Ltd at 09:20 on 18/07/11

• Profile image for James19852010

Well to name a couple of the top of my head. There's a uncovered drain at the roundabout junction with Woodvale and Thatcham avenue (This is quite concerning as its large enough for a small child to fit into) and several exposed drains and potholes on Thatcham avenue which require to be levelled off – 1 in particular is on the junction with Mildenhall Way. I will note down the others I see Barry and email them to you.

By James19852010 at 10:16 on 18/07/11

Thanks, just realised that I have put my email slightly wrong, it is Barry@barrykirby.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you

By K Sharp Ltd at 14:00 on 18/07/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent